EFFECTIVE 12TH MAY 2017
INTRODUCTION AND DEFINITIONS
- To participate in the CBE Rewards Programme you must adhere to the following terms and conditions, which you should read carefully. These terms and conditions apply to collecting, redeeming and/or gifting CBE Points.
- We, us, our – Cheshire Business Exchange Limited of 4 Whitworth Court, Runcorn, WA7 1WA.
- Points – CBE Reward Points are the electronic loyalty points we provide.
- A member may receive, purchase, transfer or gift points to another member or cardholder.
- Cardholder – a person invited/registered to hold a CBE Rewards Card.
- Program – the CBE Rewards Programme which allows members to award/earn CBE Points to/from other members.
- Supplier – another person or organisation who is responsible for arranging or providing services to CBE or you.
- Account – an account in your name, which contains points that you can use to gift or convert.
Membership of the programme
COLLECTING CBE POINTS
- To be eligible to collect / receive points, so we can register you on the programme, you must provide a verified address in the UK.
- Either we or a CBE Member may award you points in electronic form. We will hold them in an account on your behalf. If a member awards you points you may have to follow the member’s terms and conditions.
- We will maintain an account that records your points balance and transactions. You can get details of your account by logging in to your member
- If you have no points credited to your account for 24 consecutive months all points accrued to date will automatically expire without further notice.
- When a member instructs us to add points to your account, or when you convert points on a product or service we provide, we will adjust your account balance in line with this. If the information the member gives is not accurate, we may have to refer you to the member. We will correct any mistakes that we make on your account. We recommend that you keep records of your transactions so you can check that your account is accurate.
USING CBE POINTS
- When points are credited to your account you may redeem them by transferring a number of points to your CBE prepaid Mastercard on a point-per-pound basis.
- You may transfer your points to any other member/cardholder as long as you, the account holder, instruct us to make the transfer via the website.
- If you die, the points may be transferred to an account in the name of one of your beneficiaries. We must be shown a copy of the will and death certificate.
- If you try to transfer points in any other way, we may take action against you.
- You, as the holder of points, are responsible for their security. We are the owner of all points and they remain our property at all times. To reduce the risk of someone else spending points in your account, treat your account details like a credit-card number.
- We will setup your account in your name with your current address. If you change address, you must notify is by email at [email protected] If you call us to change your address you may have to answer security questions before we can make any amendments.
- You may name an individual to act on your behalf as long as you do so in writing. We will store this information and you must tell us in writing if you want to remove or change any authorised people from your account details. This will help us to reduce security risks as far as possible.
- It is your responsibility to keep secure any information that might identify you and allow access to your account. Unfortunately, you cannot hold us responsible if a person is able to transfer or redeem points in your account as a result of you not taking appropriate care of your account details. If you lose or accidentally reveal your account and/or password details, or lose your CBE Reward card, you should contact us immediately. Please make sure that we always have your correct address to reduce security risks as far as possible.
ENDING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
- You can end your membership of the programme at any time by contacting us. We may end your membership of the programme and cancel or suspend any points in your account if we reasonably believe that you have acted in a way that harms the programme or any member. These actions may include but are not limited to:
- illegal or fraudulent activities;
- collecting or using points dishonestly or in a way that breaks these terms and conditions;
- hostile, abusive or aggressive behaviour towards our staff or the staff of members or CBE partners.
- knowingly providing us with false or misleading information.
- We can change the programme and the products and services we provide, including the points rewards. Where possible we will try to give you reasonable notice but this could depend on the nature of the change and the notice that we may receive from our suppliers or partners.
b.You cannot exchange points outside the program for cash or anything else. If you do so, we may confiscate the points.
- We may, at any time, amend the time limit on how long you have to transfer or redeem any points. We will give you reasonable notice.
- We have the right to change these terms and conditions. We will always give you reasonable notice.
- From time to time, we may offer special promotional points redemption rates. The terms and conditions published with each promotion will apply to these only.
- Points can be redeemed into cash at any time. Each point can be changed for 0.001 pence and you must change at least 10,000 points.
- If we sell you a membership or points we will only be liable to you for our own negligence or if we do not keep to our responsibilities. Our total liability in all cases (other than for death or personal injury) will be limited to twice the cost of your spend and will not include any loss of profit, business-related losses or indirect losses.
- We are not liable for the acts and failures of any supplier.
- We are not liable for any failures due to unusual and unexpected circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if we had taken all reasonable care (for example, industrial disputes, hostilities, political unrest or natural disasters).
Click HERE for our website terms and conditions